# Nodejs History
Here we are going to discuss about the history of Node.js, version information and it's current status.
# Key events in each year
- 3rd March : The project was named as "node"
- 1st October : First very early preview of npm, the Node package
- 8th November : Ryan Dahl's (Creator of Node.js) Original Node.js Talk at JSConf 2009
- Express: A Node.js web development framework
- Socket.io initial release
- 28th April : Experimental Node.js Support on Heroku
- 28th July : Ryan Dahl's Google Tech Talk on Node.js
- 20th August : Node.js 0.2.0 released
31st March : Node.js Guide
1st May : npm 1.0: Released
1st May : Ryan Dahl's AMA on Reddit
- 10th July : The Node Beginner Book, an introduction to Node.js, is completed.
A comprehensive Node.js tutorial for beginners.
LinkedIn launched its completely overhauled mobile app with new features and new parts under the hood.
- 30th January : Node.js creator Ryan Dahl steps away from Node’s day-to-day
- 25th June : Node.js v0.8.0 [stable] is out
- 20th December : Hapi, a Node.js framework is released
- 30th April : The MEAN Stack: MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS and Node.js
- 17th May : How We Built eBay’s First Node.js Application
- 15th November : PayPal releases Kraken, a Node.js framework
- 22nd November : Node.js Memory Leak at Walmart
- Eran Hammer of Wal-Mart labs came to the Node.js core team complaining of a memory leak he had been tracking down for months.
- 15th January : TJ Fontaine takes over Node project
- 23rd October : Node.js Advisory Board
- Joyent and several members of the Node.js community announced a proposal for a Node.js Advisory Board as a next step towards a fully open governance model for the Node.js open source project.
- 14th January : IO.js 1.0.0
- 10th Febraury : Joyent Moves to Establish Node.js Foundation
- Joyent, IBM, Microsoft, PayPal, Fidelity, SAP and The Linux Foundation Join Forces to Support Node.js Community With Neutral and Open Governance
- 14th April : npm Private Modules
- 28th May : Node lead TJ Fontaine is stepping down and leaving Joyent
- 13th May : Node.js and io.js are merging under the Node Foundation
- Trace is a visualized microservice monitoring tool that gets you all the metrics you need when operating microservices.
- 12th October : Node v4.2.0, first Long Term Support release
- 8th December : Apigee, RisingStack and Yahoo join the Node.js Foundation
- 8th & 9th December : Node Interactive
- The first annual Node.js conference by the Node.js Foundation
- 10th February : Express becomes an incubated project
- 23rd March : The leftpad incident
- 29th March : Google Cloud Platform joins the Node.js Foundation
- 26th April : npm has 210.000 users
- 18th July : CJ Silverio becomes the CTO of npm
- 1st August : Trace, the Node.js debugging solution becomes generally available
- 15th September : The first Node Interactive in Europe
- 11th October : The yarn package manager got released
- 18th October : Node.js 6 becomes the LTS version
- "History of Node.js on a Timeline" [Online]. Available : [https://blog.risingstack.com/history-of-node-js]